- #Scala What is the "apache commons" equivalent in Scala. - And if there is none, do we need one? I find myself usi... ow.ly/2WDY2T 12 minutes ago
- #Scala Lifting Machine Learning into Akka Streams - submitted by based2 [link] [comment] ow.ly/2WDCRn 3 hours ago
- #Scala If you're musician and developper, Scala streams are great to generate infinite scales (and to find chords) ow.ly/2WDmHp 6 hours ago
- #Scala Reactive Slick for Database Programming [slides] - submitted by alexeyr [link] [comment] ow.ly/2WDbId 8 hours ago
- #Scala ScalaPB: Scala Protocol Buffer Compiler - submitted by alacap [link] [1 comment] ow.ly/2WBpmi 1 day ago
- Scala in Business | Knoldus Newsletter – March 2015
- Tutorial #2: Using WebJars, jQuery, Bootstrap & Bootswatch with Play application
- CRUD operations with PostgreSQL using SLICK with LOGBACK EMAIL functionality.
- Playing MultipartFormData: A basic example to handle and test MultipartFormData request in Play Framework 2.3.8
- Knolx : Logging with Logback in Scala
Author Archives: Meetu Maltiar
This time I gave KnolX session on FitNesse. We have been using it for BDD and acceptance tests for projects at Knoldus. FitNesse is excellent for increasing collaboration between developers, testers and customers. Making FitNesse work with Scala does not … Continue reading
I presented Akka Futures at Knolx session at Knoldus. This session I talked about basics of Futures. Examples were similar to my posts on Akka Futures: Using For Expression and Akka Futures In Scala With A Simple Example.
In my previous post I discussed about composing Futures. I also discussed that Futures are monadic and they can be composed using map or flatmap. Since, for comprehension is just a sugar on top we can use it as well. … Continue reading
This presentation was presented at Knolx session. It was presented before my last post on Akka Futures with a simple example. It focusses on Akka 2.0 and Akka Futures. Please note that in latest Akka version which is for scala … Continue reading
We use Akka Futures extensively for a product built to handle huge load of streaming data. We have been early adopters of Akka and been using it right from its Akka 1.1.X days. We found Futures as simple yet powerful … Continue reading
This Knolx session we went about discussing data structures. I talked about simple data structures like Queue and Binary Search Tree and their possible implementation in Scala. The idea was to know about a bit of Functional data structures and … Continue reading
Elasticsearch is an open-source, restful, distributed, search engine built on top of apache-lucene. You can read it more on their website. We have an application built in scala with sbt as our build tool. Now we required to have a … Continue reading
This session was presented at Knoldus knowledge session. There is a wonderful post on Category Theory by Debashish Ghosh. This presentation is inspired by his post here. Here is the presentation.
Akka allows us to write concurrent, fault tolerant and scalable applications. We recently migrated our product from Akka 1.3x to Akka 2.x. The new version is quite different from 1.3x versions. It is not merely an API change but an … Continue reading
We organize KnolX sessions regularly at Knoldus so that our learning spreads in our organisation. This KnolX session had Scala flavor written all over it. We believe in experiential learning. This session has code examples which Knolders tried while I … Continue reading