Big Data visualization and Business Intelligence got so easy using Tableau, millions and billions of records can be analyzed in just one go whether your data format is excel, csv, text or database, Tableau make it easy for you. So finally you have make your mind to generate visualizations using Tableau and want to know what are the heights of Tableau in visualizations?. You are in right place. I will cover the major questions/doubts/scenarios related to Tableau here.
- So before investing your amount/money you want to use/test Tableau?
- Want to generate your own graph, using your own data?
- Want to embed your generated graph in your own website with user interactions?
- Want to check the heights of Tableau as per the data limits?
First thing that you have to do is to download and install Tableau Public, so prerequisite are:
- You must have windows or mac system with some basic standard configurations.
- Tableau Public Desktop software. (Download from here)
- One data file (you can download it from here)
After installing the Tableau Public Software, just open it and choose your data source from left panel. Suppose you choose excel it will redirect you to the file directory then choose your file now you will see panel where you can drag and drop any fields for column and rows.
You can select filter options after selecting your data visual fields. After selecting your graph type, so many options are available in the form of graphs and charts and for each graph and chart there are some basic needs to be done.
After selecting and generating your chart, and yes you can create as many as sheets, workbooks and finally dashboard that you gonna publish, because we publish dashboard (that is a combinations of sheets (not necessarily)). Goto file and save as. It will ask you to signing (if you do not have account create new one) and its done.
Your graph will be published on Tableau public server and you can share the URL publicly, users can interact with it live. One thing you have to consider is to manage your conditions and filters accordingly to generate proper meaningful chart.