To provide an Email Sending functionality in your Play App that is being built with Play 2.2.1, follow these steps ( this post summarizes the work done step by step).
1) Add following dependency in build.sbt (or in Build.scala for Play 2.1.x or older versions)
“com.typesafe” %% “play-plugins-mailer” % “2.1-RC2”
2) Add following lines to “conf/application.conf” file
3) Create a new File in conf folder with name “play.plugins” and add following line into it
4) Delete all the code in “Application.scala” and write following code to it
5) Delete the code written in views/index.scala.html and write the following code to it
These are the steps to add Email sending functionality in Play using Scala.
Note – For a Demo you can download the Demo App from
1 thought on “Adding an Email sending functionality in Play using Scala2 min read”
Comments are closed.