In this blog, we will try to explore how we can create a proxy on Apigee edge. So, let’s get started.
What is Apigee Edge
You can use Apigee Edge to create API proxies, build HTTP-based RESTful APIs easily, configure API policies as needed to control traffic and error handling,.and document those APIs along the way.
Now let’s have an overview of a proxy, as proxy plays an important role in Apigee edge.
API proxy is a facade that you put in front of your API, So instead of calling the API directly, apps call the proxy and proxy call the API.
And likewise, for the APIs response to the app, notice that all traffic between apps and your API flows through the API proxy.
Now, We are going to see how we can create proxies on the Apigee Edge
First, You need to register yourself on the Apige Edge
here is the link https://login.apigee.com/login
Once you log in you will find the very familiar interface.
- Devloped phase : – In Devloped phase you can store manage and share the open API specifications that describe your API.
- Publish phase :- In Publish phase use for robust portal devlopment tools to build your devloper portal. we can also add add our proxy to the portal for access and documentiaion.
- Analyze phase :– In Analyze phase, We Analyze our proxy is runing correct or not. like is there any cases where our proxy takeing much time to run this kind of infromation we can find in the Analyze phase.
- Admin phase :- In Admin phase ,We are providing the access to the user.
For creating the proxy we need to work on the Developed phase, So let’s start together.
Step – 1
To make a proxy first you go to the Developed phase and select API proxy then you have to click on the +Proxy” button.
once you click the button then you will see 5 different options
Once you choose Reverse proxy you will get different options where you need to fill the detail’s
- Name -: In name section you need to write your proxy name (Example Outages API).
- Base path -: In Base path section you need to define the base path for the proxy.
- Description (optional) :- here you are providing the description for the proxy.
- Target : In target section we are defining the target Endpoint.
Once you fill in all the details, you need to click the NEXT button.
Virtual hosts:- Once you click the next you need to choose your virtual hosts.
Default:- Default host is provided by the apigee itself here you can host your proxy for the test,
otherwise, you can create your own host as well.
In step number four you need to deploy your proxy in the environment. By default, Apigee organizations are provisioned with two environments:
Once you followed all the steps then you will be able to create a proxy successfully.
Once you successfully created the proxy then you will get a page like this…
To read more tech blogs, visit Knoldus Blogs.