“D3pie is a simple, highly configurable script built on d3.js for creating simple, attractive pie charts. It’s free, open source.”
If you have ever googled about high performance and deeply customizable charts, than for sure you have came across to D3 charts, D3 chart is such a big library and there are number of posts to implement them, there is no abstraction, you can add all your creativity and there is no limit.
Let’s see what d3Pie can do for your:
Configuration options include:
- Pie / donut charts
- Title, subtitle, footer text and control over placement
- Inner and outer labels; choice of what data appears in each
- Automatic percentage calculations
- Unlimited data set size
- Full control over font, font sizes, colors
- Segment colors
- Small segment grouping
- Background color / transparency
- Load, mouseover and click effects
- Callbacks for click, mouseover, mouseout events
- API for refreshing and recreating pie dynamically
- Control over pie chart padding, pie chart x/y offsets
Now lets start with the implementation
Resources you need : only 2 libraries.
Create a simple index.html file and write this code in that and open with browser.
This will generate the out put like:
Lets make it complex now:
notice the line in above code: “Here further operations/animations can be added like click event, cut out the clicked pie section.”
Let’s create a file complex.html and add this content.
This will generate the output like this:
Hope it helped you in your search for quick charting implementation.
Like and share it.