Install MarkLogic(10.0-9.4) in Ubuntu 20.04.4 :
Its recommended installing Mark-Logic Server v10.0-8.2 as it contains the fix for the log4j vulnerability.
Follow the below steps to install Mark-Logic .rpm:
- Download .rpm jar from the below link, and sign up for free downloads. https://developer.marklogic.com/products/marklogic-server?d=/download/binaries/10.0/MarkLogic-10.0-9.4.x86_64.rpm
- cd to location where Mark-Logic-10.0-9.4.x86_64.rpm is downloaded.
- Go to terminal and change user to root with cmd.
- Check the status of the Universe distribution component:
sudo add-apt-repository universe
- Update repositories with:
sudo apt-get update
- The following command installs the Alien conversion tool:
sudo apt-get install alien
- Now Convert .rpm Files to .deb Format that is downloaded into format .rpm :
sudo alien packagename.rpm
In my case package name is MarkLogic-10.0-9.4.x86_64.rpm
- Now install Mark-Logic with .deb format as :
sudo dpkg --install marklogic_10.0-10.4_amd64.deb
- Now follow this command
and write here –
and save the file.
Start the MarkLogic server:
- Now, start server with the command:
/sbin/service MarkLogic start
- Go to http://localhost:8001/ , and you will find the server is up as in the below pic.
- Click OK and continue.
- Skip for here,
- Fill in admin and password details and Ok.
- Now sign in with the admin and password that is provided by you in the above step.
- Now your server is started you will find the below window. From here you can log out.
Here we brief about the installation of MarkLogic Server in Ubuntu. The next blog will explain its brief introduction and demo some examples. For more learning on it please visit the official website linked below:
Meanwhile for more blogs on the latest technology please ref