Hope you are doing well !!
In this blog, we will take a look at How to send Emails with JMeter SMTP Sampler so without any delay, Let’s start
How to send Emails with Jmeter SMTP Sampler:
1) Firstly we need to download the JavaMail jar and put it into the JMeter lib folder and restart the JMeter
2) Add the Thread Group in JMeter
3) Now, Right-click on the Thread Group and Go to Add > Sampler > SMTP Sampler
4) Provide details on SMTP Sampler like
- Server: Hostname or IP address of the server. For Gmail, the servers will be smtp.googlemail.com / smtp.gmail.com
- Port: Port to be used to connect to the server. Defaults are: SMTP=25, SSL=465, StartTLS=587
- Connection timeout: Connection timeout value in milliseconds (socket level). Default is infinite timeout.
- Read timeout: Read timeout value in milliseconds. Default is infinite timeout.
- Address From: The from an address that will appear in the e-mail
- Address To: The destination e-mail address (multiple values separated by “;“)
- Use Auth: Indicates if the SMTP server requires user authentication (Sender’s email id & password)
- Use no security features: It shows the connection to the SMTP server does not use any security protocol.
- Enforce StartTLS: If the server does not start the TLS protocol the connection will be terminated.
- Use SSL: Represent that the connection to the SMTP server must use the SSL protocol.
- Use StartTLS: Indicates that the connection to the SMTP server should attempt to start the TLS protocol.
- Finally, we need to put the message subject & message body
We can also attach files with the message.
- Now, simply add the listener to validate the test and Run the Test
Thread Group->Add->Listener->View Results Tree
- We can also check from Email and validate our result
- There might be 99% chance of getting an error code 500 & a failed test because Google doesn’t allow less secure apps to access authenticated user details.
I hope you enjoyed it and it helped you!! stay connected to other interesting blogs