It is a single-threaded language, which means it has only one call stack that is used to execute the program.
1. Giving interactive behavior to web pages
It allows users to interact with web pages. There are almost no limits to the things you can do with it on a web page – these are just a few examples:
- Show or hide more information with the click of a button
- Changing the color of a button when the mouse hovers
- Slide through a carousel of images on the homepage
- Zooming in or zooming out on an image
- Displaying a timer or count-down on a website
- Playing audio and video on a web page
- Displaying animations
- Using a drop-down hamburger menu
2. Creating web and mobile apps
It is used for both purpose back-end as well as front-end. NodeJs framework use for back-end development and Angular, React and VueJs framework used for front-end development.
Aside from the unlimited possibilities, there are many reasons for web developers to use it over other programming languages:
- It is the only programming language native to the web browser
- It is the most popular language
- There’s a low threshold to get started
- It’s a fun language to learn.
- A lot of JS-based libraries and frameworks are available to help us to develop cross-platform apps.
Some JS Based Libraries & Frameworks
- Underscore and Lodash
- React Native
In Conclusion,It is a wonderful technology to use on the web. It is not that hard to learn and very versatile. It plays nicely with other web technologies — such as HTML and CSS — and can even interact with plugins such as Flash.It can we used for both purpose back-end as well as front-end.