Kubecost helps you to monitor and manage the cost and also capacity in Kubernetes environments. It helps you integrate various tools with your infrastructure to help your team track, manage, and reduce the overall cost. You can monitor & have insights on your Kubernetes spends at a very granular level additionally you can have insights on other cloud resources out of the cluster.
It will show combined bars for cost spending Kubernetes infrastructure and out-of-the-cluster costs like cloud costs including Bigquery, Cloud storage, Dataflow, PubSub, GCR etcetera.
- Cloud Costs: You can see all cost spending on Kubernetes infrastructure & other cloud cost spending.
- Cost Aggregators: You can see spending on each & every cloud resource or you can also group them by custom labels, services, providers, Teams, & each resource.
- Date Ranges: You can select any date range along with aggregators to see your spending in the past.
- Customize reports in CSV file: You can customize these reports & filter out costs & export your spending into a
.csvfile. You can also edit & filter your report in Kubecost with some labels & namespaces then export it as a .csv file.
As shown in the above image you can see all cost spending on Kubernetes infrastructure & other cloud cost spending. Same as cost allocation you can select date ranges if your FinOps team wants to analyze cost spending over a specific period of time. It also has the same predefined ranges & options for custom ranges.
Cloud Assets Aggregations
By default cloud assets are aggregated by services and show you cost allocations or spending grouped by each cloud service or services that are being consumed by your Kubernetes cluster. But you can also see spending on each & every cloud resource or you can also group them by custom labels.
- Better cost visibility of Kubernetes resources
- Can show you out of the cluster cost & cloud resources cost
- Can generate a variety of reports for FinOps teams
- FinOps can further analyze reports to optimize cost consumption.
Cloud Assets Reports
Now, the FinOps team can operate & manages these costs & apply some practices to reduce & optimize Kubernetes spending & cloud Spending.
Another feature of Kubecost Assets & cloud allocation is you can export your spending into a CSV file. You can also edit & filter your report in Kubecost with some labels & or providers or services then export it as a .csv file.
As shown below image this is an example of exported CSV file in an excel sheet. This way FinOps team can then apply some formula & keep a record of your report at both places Kubecost & in excels sheets.
Kubecost provides granular visibility on your Kubernetes cost & cloud spending. It is worth incorporating into FinOps practices. It will help your organization to get started with FinOps practices. For more details, you can check Kubecost’s Official Website.