playing-kundera-cassandra: This is a classic CRUD application, backed by Play 2.3.0, Kundera & Cassandra. It demonstrates:
- Accessing a Cassandra database, using Kundera.
- Achieving, Futures to use more idiomatic error handling.
- Accessing JS & CSS libraries by WebJars.
- Bootswatch-United with Twitter Bootstrap 3.1.1 to improve the look and feel of the application
- The Github code for the project is at : playing-kundera-cassandra
- Clone the project into local system
- To run the Play framework 2.3.0, you need JDK 6 or later
- Install Typesafe Activator if you do not have it already. You can get it from here: download
- Install Cassandra if you do not have it already. Instructions
- Start Cassandra Server and create schema/tables
[default@unknown] create keyspace EmployeeExample; 395c9500-bf8d-3985-95a2-ddc055090131 [default@unknown] use EmployeeExample; Authenticated to keyspace: EmployeeExample [default@EmployeeExample] create column family employees with comparator=UTF8Type and default_validation_class=UTF8Type and key_validation_class=UTF8Type; 840d66b1-a54a-329e-9a43-dc9f373e9386
activator clean compileto build the product
activator startto execute the product
- playing-kundera-cassandra should now be accessible at localhost:9000
This is the start, from next week onwards we would be working on this application to make it grow. We would look at how we can make it more functional, then we would be adding more modules to it together. If you have any changes then feel free to send in pull requests and we would do the merges 🙂 Stay tuned.