Play 2.3.0 application with ReactiveMongo – reactive, asynchronous and non-blocking Scala driver for MongoDB.
This is a classic CRUD application, backed by a MongoDB database. It demonstrates:
- Achieving, Futures to use more idiomatic error handling.
- Accessing a MongoDB database, using ReactiveMongo.
- Achieving, table pagination and sorting functionality.
- Replaced the embedded JS & CSS libraries with WebJars.
- Play and Scala-based template engine implementation
- Bootswatch-United with Twitter Bootstrap 3.1.1 to improve the look and feel of the application
- The Github code for the project is at : playing-reactive-mongo
- Clone the project into local system
- To run the Play framework 2.3.0, you need JDK 6 or later
- Install Typesafe Activator if you do not have it already. You can get it from here: download
activator clean compileto build the product
activator runto execute the product
- playing-reactive-mongo should now be accessible at localhost:9000
This is the start, from next week onwards we would be working on this application to make it grow. We would look at how we can make it more functional, then we would be adding more modules to it together. If you have any changes then feel free to send in pull requests and we would do the merges 🙂 Stay tuned.