Application are very important for the business today. The development cost and the quality of application are remains challenges.
Service Virtualization allowing developers, testers and performance teams to work in parallel for faster delivery and higher application quality and reliability. it Simulates the behavior of selected components within a composite application to enable end-to-end testing as a whole.
Service Virtualization is not a substitute for testing the actual source code deployed as a composite application.
Development and testing team need a dependent system component for the application but if these are not available we make dependent system component as virtualized. Development and testing team can access the virtualized component as a actual component.
Why use Service Virtualization– Traditionally testing team have to wait for completed to application and deployed after it could begin functional testing,Integration testing,performance testing etc so if the service is not ready for the testing, we can make the virtual service for it. it works same as like actual service.
How to use Virtual Services–
- Configure the virtual service end point URL in consumer instead of real service end point URL.
- Use the data set provided by SV team to test scenarios.
When to use Virtual Services–
- Component / Services not available.
- Dependency on Third party services.
- Component / Services with limited access.
Service Virtualization Tools– Lots of tool are available in the market-
- Parasoft Virtualize
- CA Lisa Service Virtualization.
- IBM Rational Test Virtualization Server.
- HP Service Virtualization.
Benefits of Service Virtualization–
- accelerates time to market.
- reducing risk.
- lowering costs associated with environment.
- Avoid manually writing stubs or mocks.
- Avoid Maintenance of stubs during Agile development.
- No conflicts and anytime access of services.
- Reduces data setup time.
- Eliminates delay in Third party service & avoid access fees.
- Easily reconfigured for different testing needs and projects.
- Used for Training and Knowledge transition purposes.
- Easy to test Offline scenarios.
- Increases Agility & Quality.