In this blog, We will setup step by step grafana email and slack Alert Notification Channels to send the alerts via a grafana.
Supported Alert Notification Channels
- Google Hangouts Chat
- Microsoft Teams
so In this blog, we will set up the Email and Slack notification channel only to send alerts.
Setup Email Alerts Notification Channel
To set up email alerts in grafana, so we need to configure the SMTP settings in the grafana.ini file which is stored in /etc/grafana/grafana.ini
1. ssh to the grafana node
2. Edit the grafana configuration
sudo vim /etc/grafana/grafana.ini
3. Change the SMTP configuration and save it.
######### SMTP / Emailing ####### [smtp] ;enabled = true ;host = smtp-mail.outlook.com:587 #Port 25(Without TLS/SSL) ;user = Your_Email_Address@gmail.com # If the password contains # or ; you have to wrap it with triple quotes. Ex """#password;""" ;password = """Your_Password""" ;cert_file = ;key_file = ;skip_verify = true ;from_address = Your_Email_Address@gmail.com ;from_name = Your_Name # EHLO identity in SMTP dialog (defaults to instance_name) ;ehlo_identity = [emails] ;welcome_email_on_sign_up = false ;templates_pattern = emails/*.html
4. Restart the grafana server
sudo service grafana-server restart
5. Open the grafana app and go to the alert icon and click notification channels.
6. Click on the new channel
7. Select type email and Add the email notification configuration details
Now you have successfully set up the email notification channel.
Setup Slack Alerts
1. Go to the https://api.slack.com/apps
2. Click on
3. Click on Create App
4. Click on Incoming Webhook
6. Click on
7. Select the slack channel and click on allow.
8. Copy the webhook URL
9. Open the grafana app and go to the alert icon and click notification channels.
10. Click on the new channel
11. Select type slack and then insert the webhook URL
12. Click on Save
Now you have successfully set up the slack notification channel.
Thank you for sticking to the end. If you like this blog, please do show your appreciation by giving thumbs-ups and share this blog and give me suggestions on how I can improve my future posts to suit your needs. Follow me to get updates on different technologies