JPA

A simple CRUD application in Play! Framework using Kundera and Cassandra as a Database.

playing-kundera-cassandra: This is a classic CRUD application, backed by Play 2.3.0, Kundera & Cassandra. It demonstrates: Accessing a Cassandra database, using Kundera. Achieving, Futures to use more idiomatic error handling. Accessing JS & CSS libraries by WebJars. Bootswatch-United with Twitter Bootstrap 3.1.1 to improve the look and feel of the application Instructions :- The Github code for the project is at : playing-kundera-cassandra Clone the project Continue Reading

Improve Performance By Using Batch Gets on Google App Engine

We are porting a JPA application to Google App Engine. One of the challenges we faced during this exercise was performance. There are simple and effective ways by which we can increase the performance of our application. Datastore batch get is one such optimization we used during porting the application. If you are used to low level datastore api you must have used batch get. Continue Reading

Google App Engine More JPA Gotchas

We were in process of porting an application to GAE. The application used JPA for persistence and we decided to use the same for GAE as well. After deploying, the application worked fine on Google App Engine. Over a period of time we started getting errors, which seemed strange. All our tests were running fine and application worked without any issues with our seed data. Continue Reading

Google App Engine Some JPA Gotchas

While porting an application to Google App Engine we encountered several issues. Most of them where related to persistence. We were using JPA for persistence in the application. One of the most common mistake we did was in issuing a JPA Query where one or more parameters are of type com.google.appengine.datastore.api.Key class. Key class has two String representations which lead to some confusion. Let’s look Continue Reading

Improve Performance By Using Keys Only Query on Google App Engine

It has been around two months since we started to port an existing application on Google App engine. It used Hibernate for persistence, Wicket framework for web layer and Spring as an Ioc container. Looking at the will it play on appengine we had to change Hibernate to use either JPA or JDO. We decided on JPA purely on the basis of experience we had Continue Reading

Problems When Deploying Working Application on Google App Engine

Google Dev and production environment has differences. You may run into problems if you expect that application will also run fine on app engine if there are no errors on app engine development server. We are in process of porting an existing application on Google App engine. The application we are building uses Wicket, Spring and JPA. If you read the will it play in Continue Reading

Managing Multiple Parent Persistence Problem in App Engine

We are in process of porting an entire application on google app engine. This application has persistence using JPA and as usual contains mapping between entities using annotations. The mapping like @OnetoMany and @ManytoOne in Jpa may throw lot of errors in google app engine and therefore is neither straightforward nor trivial. In this blog we will see where our mapping may fail, with specific Continue Reading

Unit Testing Maven Based JPA Application on GAE

Recently, we started porting a complex enterprise timesheet and invoicing application to Google App Engine. We would talk about the strategy that we are following as a part of separate post but in this post let us look at how we can unit test JPA code effectively in our local environment. By the way, the application that we are porting does not use JPA but Continue Reading

Knoldus Pune Careers - Hiring Freshers

Get a head start on your career at Knoldus. Join us!