Covid-19 has only accelerated digital transformation, causing everyone to start porting things over to apps and software as the only way to interact with customers.This, in turn, has increased the amount of software testing needed. Here are the top test trends at this juncture predictions.
Using smartphones has already become an inevitable part of the lives of most people. We use dozens of mobile apps to make purchases, play games, manage personal finances, watch live streams and movies etc.
Many experts have already said that the mobile development industry is one of the fastest growing industries and that it shows no signs of slowing down in future as well. Mobile automation is the most recent boom of test trends at this juncture.
Some figures and graphs which shows the real picture.
- Mobile app market will generate around $189 Billion US dollars in revenues.
2. The market of mobile app testing will generate a revenue of $8.23 billion by 2025. This is like a huge figure.
Automation tools for mobile testing are mainly Appium, Selendroid,Robotium which are most common in 2021
I think we all have came across this word IoT. It is essential to get all the IoT products and devices security tested to avoid threats and vulnerabilities.
Below are some predictions and figures:
- It is is fortuned that there will be need for an effective IoT testing strategy
- The IoT market will grow up to USD 3624.23 billion by 2025.
AI and ML Testing
Artificial Intelligence (AI) will be infinite in all spheres of technological innovations. It will become the top investment priority of CIOs by 2021.
Below are some AI market figures :
- The AI market $28.42 billion in 2019 to $40.74 billion in 2020 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 43.39%
- Investment in AI and ML-based testing tools and practices, over 60% of respondents are looking to invest in AI & ML in code-less testing.
- With AI supporting the development and maintenance of automated testing, 100% code coverage is no longer a pipe dream or a massive time sink
QAOps is the practice of integrating quality assurance(QA) into into CI/CD pipeline. The word continous is the heart and soul as there is continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD), and continuous testing (CT)—into the same pipeline.
Big Data Testing
Big Data Testing, will be most obvious testing in the coming era.This involves examining and validating the functionality of the Big Data Applications as we know that Big Data is a collection of a huge amount of data that traditional storage systems cannot handle.
Codeless Test Automation
It is the process of creating automated tests without writing a single line of code. Now after hearing this statement everyone might be thinking what and how. Codeless automation helps to automate the process of writing tests scripts regardless of skill level. Hence it removes the pressure of learning coding language.
Here are some of The best codeless test automation tools that are designed to create test scripts without coding or the need for testers to learn how to code.