SQS (Simple Queue Service) is a platform for pull notifications. A message queue that stores messages awaiting processing is accessible through the web service SQS. It also provides a dependable, highly scalable hosted queue for storing messages between servers.
SQS is a quick, dependable, and fully managed message queue service.
You can do away with the hassle of maintaining a highly available message cluster by using an SQS. Without destroying the SQS queue itself, you can remove every message from it.
- High Throughput (Unlimited).
- a minimum of one delivery.
- Duplication is conceivable.
- the best possible order.
- Constrained Throughput (300 TPS)
- One processing only
- No duplication is possible.
- FIFO queues with strict ordering and only allowed to process 300 transactions per second (TPS)
Types of Polling:-
- Even if the queue is empty there is a response to a request.
- It doesn’t hold off till the message comes up in the queue.
- It just looks up a portion of the servers that are open for communication Default by SQS
- The Receive Wait Time setting is 0.
Firstly , Long Polling is referred to as regular/short polling. it use lesser requests and request costs by:-
- Removing erroneous empty responses search on all other server amazon
- SQS has been altered such that responses won’t be delivered until the message is no longer in the queue and unless the connection times out in an effort to decrease the frequency of empty responses (20 seconds).
- The receive message wait time is set to a maximum of 20 seconds and is specified to be non-zero.
- The cost for both pollings is the same.
The first 1,000,000 monthly requests are free, and then the cost varies by area.
For eg ->
- Regular line: $040 per million requests
- FIFO queue – request for $050 million
How Amazon SQS Charges:
- Firstly, Every Amazon SQS action counts as an API action.
- Secondly, FIFO Request: FIFO rates apply to any API activity that involves sending, receiving, deleting, or altering the visibility of messages from FIFO queues.
- Thirdly, Request Content: A single request may contain one to ten messages.
- Lastly, Size of Payload: For every 64 kb chunk, a payload and one resource are charged.
How does it work?
- The console
- Seek QUICK QUEUE SERVICES.
- To test a queue, create one first.
- Everything is set to default.
- There shouldn’t be any wait between when you create and send a message.
- once more, select “Service” > “Search Compute” > “SEARCH LAMBDA”
- Develop a Function -> APPLY A BLANKET FEATURE
- Search for and choose SQS poller.
- Testqueqe -> SQS trigger ( Name of the queue)
- Choose batch size of 5
- Ultimately, these actions just select Create Function by scrolling down.
- There will be a message. Congratulations on getting it started.
- SQS is activated.
Moreover , enter the Simple Queue Service search term into the AWS Management Console.
It has been produced, and a message reading will appear “Congratulations” will appear. Successful creation of your Lambda function.
When everything has been done, a message of 0 (zero) will be displayed to indicate that everything has been done.