Play framework with client-side JS filtering of JSON objects and rendering HTML snippets via jQuery.
In this post we are integrating Filter.js with Play Framework for reactive data streaming using Ajax and filtering data on client side using Filter.js magic.
Filter.js is client-side JSON objects filter to show/hide HTML elements. Multiple filter criteria can be specified and used in conjunction with each other.
Mustache.js is a logic-less template syntax. It can be used for HTML, config files, source code – anything. It works by expanding tags in a template using values provided in a hash or object.
- The Github code for the project is at : playing-json-object-filter-js
- Clone the project into local system
- To run the Play framework 2.3.3, you need JDK 6 or later
- Install Typesafe Activator if you do not have it already. You can get it from here: download
activator clean compileto build the product
activator runto execute the product
- playing-json-object-filter-js should now be accessible at localhost:9000
This is the start, from next week onwards we would be working on this application to make it grow. We would look at how we can make it more functional, then we would be adding more modules to it together. If you have any changes then feel free to send in pull requests and we would do the merges :) Stay tuned.